CREATIVITY FREEDOM TRANSFORMATION
Who we are:
Expressions Academy is a Christian not-for-profit creative arts company based in Hemel Hempstead.
Our vision is to see thousands of people impacted positively by the arts including individuals who need creative outlets but struggle to access them through various socioeconomic factors.
All our team have enhanced DBS checks, and have experience in various creative arts and teaching backgrounds.
What we offer schools:
- Curriculum based dance classes supporting learning in other subjects while learning to dance.
Current themes of dances are WWII, the rabbit and the hare, the Stone age, Nordic, Mexican, Mayan and Chinese dancing.
- Lunchtime and after-school clubs in dance, drama and art.
- Lunchtime and after-school Explore clubs (Learning about the Christian faith using creativity and the arts)
- Creative reflection and prayer spaces for primary and secondary schools lasting from 3-5 days.
- Delivering Arts Award courses to students in schools (This can be delivered as extra curricular classes or as part of the school day)
- Assisting school productions
- Supply or PPA cover teaching arts classes
- Lunch time clubs- £2.50 per child p/w
- After School clubs- £3.75/£4.00 per child p/w
- Curriculum dance classes, supply/PPA and school production assistance- £30 per hour class for one teacher.
- Creative reflection and prayer spaces- Dependent on length, contact for more information.
“The Prayer Space set up was quite remarkable. Our ICT Suite was transformed into thoughtfully planned zones, each with a clear instruction of how to use it. A warm area had been created, sectioning off one corner with a red drape, behind which were heaters and lamps, together with some succulents, to give the impression of a warm country.
One of my favourite areas was the zone with four or five pairs of footwear. The ‘In their shoes’ activity encouraged children to consider the phrase ‘step into their shoes’, to reflect on the experiences of those who might wear the shoes and to pray for someone they know who might wear similar footwear. Even Y6 boys had a go at trying on the high heels, and showed some mature attitudes during this activity.
I thoroughly recommend Daniella’s workshops to you and am sure that you too, will be astonished at some of the ideas and comments from children; the sorts of responses that can only be given when there is the opportunity to rise above the ordinary, everyday routine”.
Rosie Washford Mower: Headteacher of Nash Mills COE School
“Both of my children loved going to Expressions art and drama after school clubs. They are creative and original and cater to all abilities. My daughter loved them so much we booked Danie to run a craft session at her birthday party”.
Fiona Foulkes: Parent of two from Chaulden Junior School
Download our Schools Pack here.